February 27 Game

    I will publish the post about our tournament, but am still waiting to get some stats.     

    On the 27th, my JV team played the Legacy Christian Academy Eagles. The first inning was scoreless for both sides. I was batting second, and we were guest. After getting to a 3-0 count, there was a called strike and two foul balls. Then I walked. I was the only baserunner of the inning for our team. I started at catcher, and the pitcher threw well.

    We fell behind 6-0 in the second inning due to some unfortunately placed hits and errors. But, in the top of the third, we capitalized on the fatiguing pitcher, scoring five runs. I walked on four pitches and scored a run (my first of the year).

    We held them scoreless in the bottom of the third, and scored two more runs in the fourth. I walked for a third time on 6 pitches. After the third walk, I threw my bat over my shoulder and slowly took off my elbow guard while walking leisurely to first base. The only reason I write this is because a friend thought it was funny.

    In the bottom of the fourth, the first batter reached on a dropped-third strike. That was pretty unfortunate, because the time limit was running out. My hand was so sweaty that when I threw the ball to first, it went straight up, and the runner reached. My first error of the season. Bummer. 

    I did make a few blocks on pitches in the dirt that game, and some occurred because I was frustrated at the error. I blocked a ball in the throat. Earlier in the game, I went to block a ball with poor form, and was going to bounce over me. So I stuck up my throwing hand and blocked it off of my middle, ring, and pinky finger. It worked and didn't hurt, but that is a TERRIBLE idea, as it is asking for injuries.

    Anyway, there were a combination of walks and errors which scored the two runs that the Eagles needed, and we lost 8-7.

    That was a tough loss for sure. 

    Now, I am hitting either .167 or .125 depending whether you count a tournament game against our own varsity team or not, and a have either a .500 or .417 OBP. Not bad for a second hitter, and I've walked 4 times as opposed to only 1 strikeout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow Awaits...

9/30 Doubleheader

A Windy Day