A Windy Day

     Yesterday (March 1), my JV team played a team called the Wind. We were home and I started at first base and batted second. In the first inning I made two putouts at first-caught throws from shortstop and pitcher to get the batters out. But the opposing team scored 2 runs in their half of the inning. Hitting-wise, I grounded out to third base with a 2-0 count. After 1 it was 3-2 in our favor.

    In the second inning, the Wind scored another run. I didn't get to field any balls at first base, but came to bat again. I walked (and pimped it again).. That gives me four walks in my last five plate appearances. After 2 the score was 5-3

    In the third inning I didn't get any outs at first base, but when the pitcher made a pickoff attempt my shoulder died. Still not sure what happened to it, but I couldn't lift it with ease, and the runner was safe. We actually got him into a bit of a pickle, but when the ball was thrown back to first, it hit off the runner's helmet and went to the fence. He ended up making it to second, but I wouldn't have caught the ball anyway. I was taken out of the game (I was the one who said I should be taken out), so I didn't do anything the rest of the game except for cheer obnoxiously. 

    But in the bottom of the third our team erupted for seven runs. The opposing pitchers struggled to throw strikes, and we capitalized with some big hits. So after the inning we were up 12-3.

    Neither team scored in the fourth, so it stayed 12-3.

    In the fifth, we threw a new pitcher, and the opponent didn't score. We scored two runs in the bottom of the inning, which put the score at 14-3. There was mercy rule (10 after 5), so the game was called. It was a nice victory after some tough losses, and the final score was 14-3.

    That puts my average on the season at .143 and my OBP at .500. Not thrilled about the average, but I'm not complaining about the OBP. (These stats do not include the Varsity vs. JV game because we played it like more of a scrimage.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow Awaits...

9/30 Doubleheader