February 16th Game (Start of the Season)

     Well, my real JV season started on the 16th with a game against a team called the Atlas Rattlers. We were guest. I started in the outfield, and nothing happened in the first inning. I was second in the batting order, and lined into a double play (sigh). The runner on first got the steal sign, and I hit a line drive that the third baseman lunged for and caught before throwing out my brother at first. 
    In the second inning, I was in rightfield again, and the only thing that happened was a single hit to me. I fielded the ball and threw it to third base. I hit again in the second inning, and popped out to the third baseman in foul territory. But, we scored 5 and were winning 6-2 after two.
    In the third inning, we didn't score, and I went in to catch the new pitcher, who I'm basically the personal catcher for. Everything went well except for a few bad calls that ended up being a walk, and a missed frame that ended up being a passed ball. In my defense though, the batter was well less than five feet tall, and so I tried to frame a pitch almost in the dirt. Anyway, the pitcher struck out the side, and we cruised to a 6-3 victory.
    But we only played 3 innings! Yes, we are playing junior varsity, and had an hour and a half to play. That was kind of unfortunate, because the Varsity team always plays seven innings, and we are playing 1/3 of a real game. Also, I was due to bat in the fourth. It is what it is.
    Anyway, I went 0-for-2 with two outs to the third baseman. This was our first game of the season, so hopefully things will go better for me later on. Our next games are in a tournament this coming Friday. I am supposed to pitch then, but am undergoing some arm troubles, so we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow Awaits...

9/30 Doubleheader

A Windy Day