9/30 Doubleheader

 Alas, we had another doubleheader. We actually have four more games in the fall season, and two Saturdays to play. We have two doubleheaders.

Anyway, we were playing the same team for both of the games today. They are called the Legacy. In the first game, I started in leftfield. Nothing happened in the first inning, but in the second inning, after our starter was pulled, I made a diving catch in the outfield, which felt really good because I had been in a batting slump lately, and it was nice to help the team.

At the plate, I went 0-1 with an RBI reach on error. We lost that game, but I really don't remember the score.

In the second game, I started in left again, and nothing really happened. I came in to catch an inning, then I pitched.

I came in with a 6-4 lead. The first batter grounded out to second. The next batter reached on an error. After that, I gave up an infield single. The batters reached second and third on a wild pitch, and then the umpire called a balk on me. He said I twitched my front leg while in the set position. I didn't know I did that, but my coach said I subtly did, so I'll believe him. The next batter popped up a ball on the infield (maybe on the very shallow outfield grass), but because we were playing with the infield in, it dropped. The runner on third broke for home after the ball hit the ground, and we would have hosed him if the ball wasn't bobbled. Now the game was tied 6-6. 

But then I picked off the guy on first. It's really nice to be a lefty because the pick move is so much easier. That was the third runner I had picked off with our organization, and the first two were in a 14U city league.

The next batter grounded out to third, and they didn't play extra innings, so technically I was charged with a blown save, and I guess a tie. The game was 6-6.

At the plate in the second game I went 0-2 with a flyout and a popout, though on the flyout the runner on first  tagged to second base. For some reason that isn't classed as a sac-fly. So now I am slashing a dissapointing .143/.400/.143. However, I made a tweak to my swing, and I have been hitting better, so we shall see how things go next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow Awaits...

A Windy Day