10/14 Doubleheader

 Today we played the same team in both ends of our doubleheader: the Rangers.

In the first game, I started behind the plate and really didn't do that well. My block attempts weren't great, and the umpire took some heat. I caught for the first two innings, and then went to first base, where I made a pick to get the runner out. Nonetheless, it was an easy pick, and I need to give the shortstop credit for making a nice play. After that, I pitched. I struck out the first guy looking on a curveball, and struck out the second guy swinging on a high fastball. I then proceeded to walk two batters before the last grounded out to third. No runs came in, but I threw 14 balls and only 11 strikes, due in part to me throwing my 2-seam and curveball too much when I need to work on them a little bit more.

At the plate I went 2-2 with a line drive single to centerfield, on which I advanced to second on an error. While standing on second I did the Oriole Sprinkler, and now I can cross that off my bucket list. I also hit a groundball single between the second baseman and the bag. I drove in two runs and scored none. 

In the second game I sat out the first two innings and then went to centerfield. A few hits came through that I had to get and throw in, but nothing very hard came my way.

At the plate I went 1-2 with a bunt single off of the team's ace, getting the team's first hit. Because of the shift they pulled because I'm a lefty, the third baseman was playing shortstop, and I couldn't resist the urge. In my other AB, I flew out to left. I had no RBIs or runs, as we fell 7-5. I went 3-4 in the whole doubleheader.

That puts my slash line up to .400/.526/.400 on the season. This ends our short fall season, so within the week I should be able to have my season stats out if you want them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow Awaits...

9/30 Doubleheader

A Windy Day